Mr. Solar® DIYPower 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit w/ USB Charging Port
- 25.00 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
NEWLY CONFIGURED KIT...
MORE POWER FOR LESS $$$...
NOW ONLY $199.00!
The NEW! Mr. Solar® 100 Watt Solar Panel kit is our response to the typical consumer-grade kits popular among DIY'ers, hobbyists, and emergency and survival preppers. Our single, high-efficiency, poly-crystalline solar panel will withstand high wind pressure, hail and snow load. Our high-efficiency panel carries a 5 year material and workmanship warranty, 90% performance up to 10 years, and 80% performance up to 25 years. Our high-quality SolarLand 10A 12/24V PWM Charge Controller w USB Output is warrantied for one year and will ensure that your batteries are not under- or over-charged far beyond it's warranty period.
NOW INCLUDES A USB POWER/CHARGING PORT!
Our 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit Includes:
- Peimar OS100P 100W 12V Solar Panel - At just under 8 sq. ft. (and 18 lbs in weight), this polycrystalline panel gives you lots of elbow room in areas where space is at a premium.
Our solar panel includes a 5-year warranty on materials and workmanship compared to the Harbor Freight 45 watt solar kit which has only a 90-day warranty. Our solar panel is an industrial-grade PV module that is high-impact resistant, including from hail damage, and made from durable materials and bordered by an aluminum frame.
Complaints about the quality of the consumer-grade Harbor Freight solar kit, which uses amorphous panels, as being "shabby" or "flimsy" are common.
- SolarLand SLC-NR2410D 10A 12/24V PWM Charge Controller - A 10-amp controller is sufficient to replace the frequently discarded voltage regulator in that other solar kit. Our regulator, which is an actual industrial-grade battery charge controller, includes a one year warranty.
The other consumer-grade solar kits have only a 90-day warranty and their voltage regulator is often quickly replaced by people who purchase that other kit! So, why even bother with it? And with proper installation and care, our controller will last way beyond the warranty period and paying for itself many times over!
- Complete Wiring Kit including 35' of #10 module-to-controller MC4 cable (to be cut in half) and 36'' of #10-1 controller-to-battery clamp set. While the consumer-grade wires that come with the HF kit are nice, the wiring we include in our Mr. Solar® 100 Watt Solar Panel Kit is industrial-grade and is correctly rated for this type of power system.
Expand This Kit to a Deluxe 100 Watt Solar Power System:
In order for your solar panel kit to be even more useful, you'll need one or more batteries. If you want to power AC appliances like a TV or can opener or a fan, you'll also want to grab an inverter. These two items, together with the kit, comprise a complete 100 Watt Solar Power System.
- Universal Power UB12550 12V 55Ah AGM Battery - This is a 55Ah battery that is sufficient for a small scale system. Includes a 1-year warranty. This is an industrial-grade solar power system battery designed specifically for this type of application. Always be careful when it comes to batteries and battery charging and choose the right battery!
- GoPower! GP-SW300-12 Pure Sine Wave Inverter. The Harbor Freight kit page suggests that a 300 watt inverter is required to run AC loads with their kit, which is not included. So, why not invest in a quality pure sine-wave inverter that provides continuous power and 300 watts of surge protection, with a cleaner electrical signal that sensitive electronics use. Supplied with terminal battery clamps and terminal rings. Take our word for it, don't go cheap at Walmart for your inverter. You'll just end up wishing you hadn't gone for the cheapest product. For an explanation of pure sine-wave vs. cheap inverters, go here.
I am so happy with this DIY solar kit I bought from MR Solar. I purchased a 35 Ahr battery to go with it and together they will give me the 2.5 hours of high output flood lights I need in my back yard for our Scout Meetings. Mr Solar even helped me figure out the size of wiring I needed to get the best performance out of my lights. I would definitely recommend Mr Solar to anyone looking for a solar solution. This has been a great option instead of hiring electrician and ditch digger to run a power line from my House to my shed.