We hope the information you find on this page is helpful. We will be adding FAQ's as fast as we can. Our plan is to have questions to educate all alternative energy users -- from someone who is just starting out, to someone living off grid. If you feel we have missed something, or have a question that is not answered on this page, please e-mail.
Learn more about Solar Panels.
Are you interested in buying a pre-packaged system for your home? Check out The National Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy. You will find information on solar and wind power tax incentives, rebate programs, alternative energy loan programs, state and local solar energy incentives and more.
- A Non-Technical Introduction to Solar
- Are incentives available for homownwers who convert to solar energy? Yes.
- How do I add a solar system to my home?
- My electric bill is too high, will solar lower it?
- How do I know how much electricity I use?
- How much solar do I need for my 2500 square foot home?
- Can I sell power back to the utility grid?
- When do I need a charge controller?
- What kind of loads can I run on a PV?
- How much maintenance does a PV system require?
- Can I start small and add on later?
- What is PV & how does it work?
- What makes up a PV system?
- How much power will a solar module produce in my location?
- How do I wire my batteries for different voltages?
- What size wire do I need?
- Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about Maximum Power Point Tracking. What is it and what does it do?
- What is the difference between an amorphous and polycrystalline solar module?
- What kind of inverter do I need?
- What kind of battery do I need?
- Is There A Difference in Storage Batteries?
- Does Solar Cooking Really Work?
- What is Net Metering? Does my state have Net Metering?
- How do I read my electric meter?
- Why do I need a Battery Conditioner to get the maximum life out of my batteries?
- What do Volts, Amps, Ohms and Watts mean?